There is a lot of accounting software for SMB’s to monitor business expenses, manage invoices, and arrange customers and payroll data. But a software can’t do everything like a human being, it has some limitations. Obviously, if one is going to use multiple software options to handle all those financial tasks then unwanted work is almost guaranteed. It may ruin some of your precious time, so I guess everyone is seeking for a multi-tasking cloud accounting software that can work as per their requirement. When we are talking about the flexibility that can make your daily accounting practices easier then it’s clear to talk about QuickBooks – An accounting software package that is ideal for most small and medium businesses.
But how will you react if I will tell you some cool things about QuickBooks that will ease your daily financial work? For example, did you know that there is a fast way to find the related bill payment? Did you know about the company snapshot feature? Did you know that how to make the view of your new QuickBooks as the old one? If you don’t, then you are at right place to learn these all quick steps. So keep reading!
1. Customize the icon bar:
QuickBooks offers a default icon bar just below the menus. You can use that to add, remove, or modify the icons to apt your needs.
- To add an icon: Be there at context menu and select Customize icon bar, click Add. Go for the desired items from the row and modify label and description as per your need. Click OK.
- To remove an icon: Select Customize Icon Bar from the view menu. Select the icon you want to remove and click Delete.
- To modify an icon: After selecting Customize Icon Bar, choose the item you want to modify and then click Edit, form your changes, and click OK.
2. Use keyboard shortcuts:
In today’s busy life, nobody wants to put their hands off of the keyboard to use the mouse because it slows their work. So for this, I am going to share some of the QuickBooks shortcuts that will work as a booster in your daily work. There are many but below is my list of some shortcuts –
- Ctrl-I Create invoice
- Ctrl-E Edit transaction selected in register
- Ctrl-F Find transaction
- Ctrl-J Open Customer Center
- Ctrl-M Memorize transaction or report
- Ctrl-N New invoice, bill, check, or list item in context
- Ctrl-Q Quick Report on transaction or list item
- Ctrl-T Open memorized transaction list
- Ctrl-W Write new check
- Ctrl-A Open the Chart of Accounts
- Ctrl-D Delete the current transaction or list item
3. Use the QuickMath Calculator:
Just imagine, if one is paying multiple bills in the system for a particular vendor and find it hard to calculate the data. He could use some calculator or go into his cell phone, to sum up, but how it would be if one can do the same in QuickBooks? Does this ring a bell? Well, that’s true. You can do this with a built-in QuickBooks calculator – QuickMath.
1. In QuickBooks, Click the numeric field where you want to calculate.
2. Press the equal (=) key and type the numbers you want to calculate followed by the desired function key (+, -, /, *, or =) in the opened mini-tape.
3. Go with entering numbers and pressing appropriate sign to complete your calculations.
a. Click C once to clear the last entry
b. Press C Twice to clear the entire tape.
4. Use Enter or Tab key to enter the calculated result or press Esc key to cancel.
4. Export reports to Excel:
Every QuickBooks report has highly customizable options but did not have the power of Excel What-If Analysis. So, to get this functionality and manipulate the data as per the need, exporting QuickBooks report to Excel will be the best choice. You just have to follow these simple steps:
- Open the QuickBooks report; click Excel Button from the top of the screen.
- Choose either to create as a comma-separated values (.csv) file, or into a new or existing Excel workbook.
- Confirm your action, then click Export button. This will automatically open the reports in excel.
5. Right-Click to Perform Common Tasks easily
QuickBooks have provided ample use of right-click menus to provide common commands for particular transactions throughout the program. Despite of searching for the specific toolbar icons, one can try these shortcuts. For instance, customizing the columns, editing or deleting the account, or have a Quick Report.
6. Set Your Program Preferences
QuickBooks provide default settings that is quite adequate, possibilities are one can save much more time by modifying it as per the user’s specific needs. To make this more users convenient & comfortable, QuickBooks has already designed a preferences section. To avail this, first step is to log-in with admin privileges in QuickBooks, and then click ‘Edit’ button followed by ‘Preferences’. Then after, you will have numerous categories list on the screen. Choose your desired category preference or you can adjust preferences for all users by picking the ‘Company Preference’ tab. After finishing the setting of preferences, click the ‘OK’ button to confirm and save.In conclusion, RPPC, Inc. assists entrepreneurial, forward-thinking, business and association managers/owners in Realizing Profitable Potential through Change by providing training and services in the areas of Accounting and Financial Management, specializing in QuickBooks® as the tool of choice. Give us a call at 1.888.536.9690 to see how we can help you improve your bottom line!