RPPC Inc - QuickBooks Online Creating a Transaction List By Vendor. This is a short tutorial showing you how quick and easy it is to create a Transaction List By Vendor so you can see what expenses are related to a certain vendor.
Anyone who has worked with inventory knows that taming the inventory beast within their business can sometimes be difficult. Knowing how to handle the proper accounting procedures for inventory can mean the difference between profit and loss in your business.
Here are a few key tips in taming the inventory beast in your business:
- Use inventory software that meets your needs. If you don't know how much you have of each product, you can't possibly operate efficiently and profitably. Fishbowl Inventory is one that we work with frequently when the needs of our clients extend beyond what QuickBooks can handle alone for our inventory based clients.
- Ensure that your inventory management software integrates with your accounting software if they are not one and the same. The key for success today is ensuring that we operate wisely and integrated software is key to that.
- Ensure that you follow the proper steps in receiving the inventory into the system before processing the sales. This is very critical to ensuring proper inventory and cost of goods sold valuation.
- Accountability is key. Make sure that there is someone within your organization that "owns" the responsibility for the management of the inventory. Without accountability, the inventory can easily go astray due to mismanagement.
- Details are the key to good inventory management. They can be the death of your business if you fail to take the time to properly account for your inventory.
Anyone who has ever worked with inventory knows that inventory can be a beast. They key is to success is having a good inventory management software that properly follows the operational aspect of how inventory moves throughout your organization.
Photo Credit: Pexels
RPPC Inc QuickBooks Tutorial on How to Back up your Company File and once you have the back up how to restore your company file when needed.
RPPC Inc - QuickBooks Company Snapshot. A brief tutorial to show you the advantages of using the Company Snapshot and how to customize what you want to see in QuickBooks. It's all about making it work for you.
You can work from the beach too! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. No matter what type of industry you are in, there is an opportunity to do it remotely and that means...you too can work from the beach or wherever your happy place is. Too often people come up with a million reasons why they can't achieve their goals to travel and work from wherever they wish.
Here's 3 easy tips on how I achieved it in my accounting practice and you can too!
1. Have a plan and work the plan. For most of us, we are not financially independent enough or brave enough to just up and quit our job or close our business because we want to relocate. Especially for those of us who are passionate about the clients we work with and the service we provide. I always joke that I'll never retire...I'll just work Wednesdays only :-)
For me, it was a 5 year plan that I wanted to be able to live closer to a beach when my children graduated from high school. I'd been land locked for 40 years and thought that raising my children to be awesome young college students and adults meant that I too could focus on the next stage of my life as an empty nester from somewhere warm!
I provided onsite accounting services to my clients originally where I went to their location. With the evolution of the Internet and various online programs, this enabled me to transition my client work from having to go onsite to providing the same high quality of service remotely (ie from anywhere I wanted). They never really know if I'm just down the street, somewhere on vacation, sitting on the beach or ???
This transition didn't happen overnight and it wasn't without the loss of a few clients, but overall it went splendidly well and we've been able to actually grow the business because of the decrease in nonvalue added time commuting.
2. Think creatively. Perhaps there is a niche in your industry that is not currently being filled or a way to offer products and services differently than what is currently being done. Thinking creatively allows you to customize how you are going to make a difference in the way you serve your clients.
At the time I transitioned to online services initially, this was very "outside the box" thinking for such a traditional type of service in the accounting world. However, in today's environment, I see more and more of my associates offering remote and online services. Part of the challenge is always educating and training the customer on the benefits they receive because of this new way of thinking creatively.
3. Don't listen to negativity. There is always going to be someone who is going to try and burst your bubble and tell you it won't work. This is because most people will dream about it but do nothing to actually move themselves towards their goal of achieving the opportunity to live anywhere and work from anywhere. It can be done and it can be done on a shoestring budget for most of us with a simple computer, Internet service and a cell phone.
It will all depend on your business model and how you choose to implement your dream into reality in your industry. If you want it bad enough, you'll find a way to work hard at it and pave the path to being able to work from the beach too!
Finding the courage to actually take the baby steps from my dream of working from the beach to the reality has been monumental in my life. The great thing about my business model now is that I have been able to expand my services to companies all over the world and be able to work from the beach, snow capped mountains or my dining room table without any negative outcome! What could be better? Start living your dream today!
Photo Credit: Pexels