QuickBooks Tip – Input of Refund from Supplier

Q: I overpaid a supplier and was refunded the overpayment. How do I record this transaction?

A: Code the refund as a deposit to the original expense type. For example, if the original payment was for telephone expense, code the refund on your deposit to telephone expense. This will net the right amount in your expense account.